Commencement of abstract submission and pre – registration – 01/12/2018
Expiration date of abstract submission – 28/02/2019 -> 10/03/2019
Notification of abstract acceptance – 26/03/2019
Notification of Authors for Amendments: 21/03/2019
Deadline for final submission of amended papers: 26/03/2019
Expiration date of pre-registration (early bird registration) – 31/03/2019
Expiration date of registration for abstract authors – 30/04/2019
In order for the abstracts to be evaluated from the Evaluation Committee and be included in the Conference programme, they should be submitted via the online platform.
You may register yourself by clicking on the button “Registration” and then you may submit your abstract by filling in the “Abstract Submission Form”.
Abstracts received by e-mail or by post will NOT be included in the Conference programme.
In case that none of the authors of the abstract is present during the date and time of the inclusion of the main topic, on which an abstract is presented according to the programme, the abstract will not be included in the Conference proceedings.
Consequently, please read carefully the Writing & Submission Instructions, before the submission of the abstract:
- You can submit until two abstracts as first authors.
- Make sure that the contact information you submit is correct because it will be used for further correspondence via email. Pay more attention to the authors and institutions’ names both in Greek and in English.
- Make sure your e-mail address is the correct one in order the contact with the Organizing Committee of the Conference to be enabled.
- Abstract submission is necessary for the presentation of the oral and e-poster presentations.
- Study the Main Topics thoroughly and submit your abstract accordingly.
- You should choose if your abstract will be presented as an oral or e-poster presentation. Keep in mind that the Evaluation Committee has the authority to change a presentation from oral to e-poster and vice versa in case they decide it is necessary.
The dates of the evaluation and correction of the abstracts have been announced in the website of the 27th ICPESS and via newsletters and e-mails as well. You should check your e-mails and the webpage of the Conference regularly, in order you to be punctual with the important dates.
Ιn case the submitted abstract does not respect the rules and there is not time for correction due to the abstracts deadline, it will be disqualified automatically.
Preparation of your Abstract
- The title should be as brief as possible (no more than two lines) and It should be representative of the study that was performed. It should be introduced in the proper topic with capital, bold letters both in Greek and in English.
- The last name and the first letter of the name of the author, both in Greek and English languages.
- The Institution/Address of the first author, with lower case letters.
- The e-mail of the first author (or the corresponding author). Please be very careful while you introduce your e-mail as it is the only means of communication between the Organizing Committee and the delegates.
- Each and every Authors’ Surnames (if they exist) and the first letter of their respective name in lowercase words
- Authors’ Institution Name and Address, in lowercase words
- Please pay extra attention when you fill in the Authors’ data and personal information
- The abstract is a summary of the content of the essay of the authors and it should include:
- The Purpose of the Essay
- The most important aspects of the survey participants
- Evaluation Methods
- Research Methods
- Quantitative and Statistical Methods
- Research Results
- The abstract should be:
- within the specified word limits (max 400 words)
- a whole paragraph
- written based on the grammatical and syntax rules.
- The abstract must NOT include:
- Tables, Charts, Functions & Images
- Bibliography Footnotes
- Statistical Indicators
- Names, Institution Name and Address of the corresponded authors inside the abstract written text
How to Submit your Abstract
- Open the Abstract Submission Formula and insert your abstract, either by filling in the text, or by coping & pasting the already existing file. In case you copy – paste the existing file in the relevant field, you should cross read your abstract before you send it.
- Select your favorable Topic Section of the Conference.
- Select if your Abstract will be presented as an oral presentation or as a digital announcement (e-poster)
- In case you want your abstract to be nominated for the New Researchers Award, please submit your Abstract to be presented only as a digital announcement (e-poster) and check in the relevant box option.
- At this point, it should be highlighted that the corresponded Reviewers have the ability to accept your abstract as a digital announcement (e-poster), while you have submitted it as an oral presentation, and vice – versa.
Presentation Guidelines of the authorized abstracts
In order for you to be informed for the specific time & date of your presentation, please visit our website (www.icpess.gr), after the 19th of April.
Oral Presentation Guidelines
If your abstract has been authorized for an oral presentation, you should consider the following:
- Your abstract will be presented in PowerPoint form by a Data Projector.
- Your abstract must include eight (8) PowerPoint slides, with the first one including the Title & Authors’ Names and the last one the Bibliography References.
- The total duration of the presentation is 10 minutes.
- All the text and references must be written in English.
- You should deliver the presentation file before your presentation thirty (30) minutes earlier.
- For any test issues or any late time corrections, be advised that there will be a technical support secretariat on the conference’s reception hall.
- For your convenience, you should download the original “oral” file template and fill in there your presentation, preserving the already existing template data (background color & logos).
Guidelines for the e-Posters
If your abstract is approved as an e-poster you should note the following:
- E-posters are digital, that means that are PowerPoint files, and not printed Posters, that will be presented on a big screen.
- You should prepare your presentation right after it is approved in a “PowerPoint presentation”, writing the text ONLY in ENGLISH, and in two slides: the first one will include the title, the authors, the affiliation, the purpose and the method. The second one will include the results, the conclusions and the bibliography.
- After completing your e-poster, you should e-mail the file: email@example.com at least until 1st May 2019. Attention: “save” your file by naming it using the Number of the Poster (e.g. P01) AND NOT THE TITLE of the abstract.
- For your facilitation “download” the e-poster template and create your presentation by following the template, retaining the rest of the characteristics (background colour & logos).
ATTENTION: each of you who wish your abstract to participate in the contest for the “New Researchers Award” you should submit your abstract ONLY as an e-poster and during the process for the abstract submission “check” the option respectively *for the New Researchers Award.
Note that your participation in the Conference and the presentation of your oral or e-poster will be certified by the electronic file of the Conference proceedings that will be posted on the website after the completion of the operations. In case you do not present your oral presentation or your e-poster on the day and at the time that is arranged by the Conference Programme, your abstract will NOT be posted on the website.
In order for you to be informed about the exact day and time of your oral presentation or e-poster, please visit our website www.icpes.gr after 19th April 2019.